How It All Started
A church in Plainsboro, New Jersey, we started as a monthly fellowship in 2007 with a young group of believers passionate to serve the Lord and as a means to equip and strengthen them in the word of God.
In 2014, we were led to prayerfully consider starting a church to expand the kingdom work in and around Central Jersey particularly Plainsboro and surrounding areas.
As we began to take steps of faith toward this calling, we saw God provide and lead in every need for getting started. January 2015 marked the first Sunday service of Cornerstone, NJ in the premises of Gospel Fellowship Church in Plainsboro.
We Are Passionate about
To serve the community with the love of Christ
Leading people to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ
To disciple people to become disciple-makers
To build lives for the glory of God
To walk in the gifts and the fruit of the Holy Spirit
Is This For You
We believe church is a family, a set of people who think and act alike with the love and mind of Christ. So, when you walk into our church, you’re walking into a family. Now, we don’t know if that’s a big a deal that for you but for us, this is huge. It is like meeting a brother, sister, cousin, nephew, niece, aunt, uncle, grand-parents (you get the picture) after a very long time.
We believe the early church was unstoppable and so effective because they were like a family. They thought and acted like a family praying, caring and sharing for each other. If we have to witness for Christ today we need to have that same power that comes from the Holy Spirit. There really is no other way that our community will get to experience the love and salvation of Jesus.
David beautifully puts this in Ps 133
1 How good and pleasant it is
when God’s people live together in unity!
2 It is like precious oil poured on the head,
running down on the beard,
running down on Aaron’s beard,
down on the collar of his robe.
3 It is as if the dew of Hermon
were falling on Mount Zion.
For there the Lord bestows his blessing,
even life forevermore.
So, that’s us. Small church, broken lives, restored and rebuilt by the love and power of Christ. And that’s what we are called to do in Plainsboro and Central Jersey, to restore and rebuild broken lives and homes. To care and love people God brings to our lives and lead them to the light of Christ is such a Joy. Trust me when I say this.
We hope this would have given you a taste for what you can expect. When you visit us, you may not experience the best worship music in town, or hear the most powerful sermons preached or experience the best child care facilities. However, we assure you this, that you will find people you can call family!
A family whose sole mission is to seek God passionately and glorify Him!
Our Statement of Faith
1. The Bible is the infallible written Word of God.
The Scriptures are inspired by God and declare
His design and plan for mankind.
2. There is only one true God–revealed in three persons...
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
3. In the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God's Son, Jesus was both human and divine.
4. Though originally good, man willingly fell to sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
5. Every person can have restored fellowship with God through 'Salvation' (accepting Christ's offer of forgiveness for sin through His shed blood on the cross of Calvary).
6. And practice two ordinances - (1) Water Baptism by immersion after repenting of one's sins and receiving Christ's gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord's Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation.
7. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times.
8. Speaking in tongues is a valid scriptural experience in the Holy Spirit today, as experienced on the day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
9. Sanctification initially occurs at salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ-like.
10. The church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe 'the church' is the body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God's offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
11. A divinely called and scripturally ordained leadership ministry serves the church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, and to build up or edify the body of believers–the church.
12. Divine healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians today and is provided for in Christ's atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
13. In the blessed hope—when Jesus raptures his church prior to His return to earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever.
14. In the millennial reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
15. A final judgment will take place for those who have rejected Christ's offer of salvation. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
16. And look forward to the perfect new heavens and a new earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on earth. 'And so shall we forever be with the Lord!
About The Pastor
Lead Pastor : Rev. Visuvasam Dhanaraj
Pastor Visu has been serving the Lord Jesus for over 30 years. His passion is to see people come to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ & have a living relationship with Him! He is blessed with his wife, Valentina who stands with him in the ministry along with their daughter, Vinitha. He is also blessed with a great team of Men & Women who serve faithfully here at Cornerstone!
Campus Pastor : Andrew Sudhin
There will be this one day in each of our lives we never can forget. The day when the grace and power of God sets us free from sin and leads us to a new life in Christ. The very thought of that day if you've experienced it already, brings such Joy to our hearts. It is the day our natural lives encountered something supernatural.
It changed our perspectives of life, our priorities, our pains and traded our sorrowful, pitiful, half-hearted lives to something filled with real Joy, assurance, hope, meaning and awesomeness. I never thought life could be lived this way until it happened to me in the winter of 2011.
From that point on, after experiencing the grace and love of God that saved me, I gave my life to Jesus. I work in Marketing and Technology for a company in Princeton, but it has been the greatest honor of my life to serve Him, His house, His people and His kingdom.
I want to invite you personally to join me and our church as we work with people in our community and lead them to Christ, so they may also experience and enjoy Him forever.